Thursday, September 30, 2010

Death Note Review

Light YagamiImage via Wikipedia
Death Note is a Japanese animation series (or anime for short)  written by Tsugumi Ohba. The main themes in this series are 'psychological' and 'supernatural'. Recommended age rating is teenagers and up.
Plot Overview: The story starts with a teenage boy named Light Yagami, sitting in school and obviously bored when he notices a note book outside his class and falling from above. He later picks up the note book out of curiosity and sees the words "Death Note" written on the cover with an odd set of directions inside on how to use this note book to kill with simply a name an face. He takes it as a joke but decides to keep it and give it a try just for the hell of it. To lights amazement the Death Note is real and Yagami Light suddenly has the power to kill anyone he desires with only their name and face.
Light is then visited by the owner of the Death Note, A Shinigami named Ryuk. Ryuk decides to fallow Light around because he's bored of his own world and decides it might be fun if a human possessed the powers of the Death Note. Ryuk fallows Light on his quest to cleanse the world of all evil but never interfearing. 
Light decides to use this power for justice, a no tolerance judgment for all criminals and becomes the the persona "Kira". The governments start taking notice of the odd chain of death with all inmates and hire the famous detective "L" to track down the killer. It soon becomes a battle of wits, traps, ploys and deceptions as both Kira and L seek to learn the others identity. Kira and L are both wrapped in cloaks of mystery while Kira can't kill without a name and L can't arrest without a name.
Personal Opinion: Death Note is really a jewel of an Anime series but the ones who don't like it usually tend to hate. The story is well thought out for the most part. although there are a few episodes when you can't help but feel its going no where fast. The artwork is also above average but the soundtrack isn't anything special. Although it does have a very nice opening videos and music. Speaking of audio, do yourself a favor and watch the original Japanese version with subtitles if it doesn't bother you because the English Dubs on this series is awful. The characters are  rich and believable with their original voices while the English Dub voice actors didn't quit fit and the emotion they acted out didn't seem as believable as the original Japanese voice actors.
All in all, if you're looking for an Anime with a strong story, unexpected twists and and thrills then check out Death Note.
I give death note a 9/10
Related Information: There has been 2 live action movies based on the Death Note series and are in Japanese audio only.
There is also a book, a novel written about cases L worked on before the Kira case that took place in the story in the anime and manga series. The novels title is 'Death Note: Another Note - The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases'.
There is also a ton of merchandise available on this Anime, from Anime shirts and posters to actual Death Note note books. (Sorry they can't actually kill with a name but they can give a mean paper-cut.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

29 comments:

  1. Death Note is one of my favorite anime, I have watch all episodes couple of times and last week I watched the movie which follows the same plot, but the 3rd part is completely new story with happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply, the examination is in swaying fact the freshest topic on this interconnected subject. I am be in concurrence with your conclusions and will intensely look forward to your about to happen updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm I have to say I was wandering here and there in google, but being here is good fate for me, thanks mate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whole the site is remarkable! Admiration for the extent interpretation! I still did an evaluation on my website! I should take some advance steps for my site too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whole the site is remarkable! Admiration for the extent interpretation! I still did an evaluation on my website! I should take some advance steps for my site too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I already viewed many sites working with such topics, for the most part of the people duplicate other site content, but each time to your site I see new and first-class stuff, good running.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Death note is a worth watching anime series. Animation lovers have surely enjoyed this series. For me it is really an enjoyable tv series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I really like your post and also I am visit your site and read more article. no doubt you are a good writer and also I note one thing you have a ability for convey your msg to other people.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi the article is very informative it's fantastic. Thank you very much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Naruto , Naruto shipudan as i seen nowadays. Otherwise some more like dragon ball z but naruto in the top listed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey this is really very nice story. Thank you very much for sharing this so informative post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi pal! I am new to net world, I have seen many blogs and sites since I get registered also, it is a good source for everyone to create a site like, I am going to create my own blog too, it will be great fun for me, han!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the article, but I found myself having to re-read it several times as the text doesn't seem to flow smoothly. For example "but still fundamentally visibly patched up". The smoothest paragraph is the last. An enjoyable read.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saying gratitude will not very soon be satisfactory, for the outstanding precision in your lettering. I will accurate away grab your RSS give food to exist in side by side of any updates.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job on writing this article. I enjoyed reading it! I will keep coming back to read more of your future posts. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was interesting! Appreciation for the extent reading! I still did an assessment on my website! Why am I using shriek script all over the place?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to say appreciation to management very much not only for this post apart from also for his all preceding efforts. I will be coming back to your blog for interesting articles once more.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was alluring! Thanks for the extent interpretation! I even did an appraisal on my website! Why am I using squeal script everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That was alluring! Thanks for the extent interpretation! I even did an appraisal on my website! Why am I using squeal script everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was alluring! Thanks for the extent interpretation! I even did an appraisal on my website! Why am I using squeal script everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well I have to say I was peripatetic here and there in google, but being here is good fate for me, thanks buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Its my first step here and I found its a very nice and interesting blog.really will support me out in frequent ways.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am following this series throughout the first day, it is very cool, I must say that.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well I was also thinking to have such site for me, as you are redeployment in your site often, but are you able to tell me from where you get all these substance or you inscribe it by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The theme is fine in your website & it is well maintained by you, I cannot make my site nice with its appearance, the trouble is with the theme, I am looking for a chilled theme but free of charge.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I previously seen plenty of sites working with such topics, for the most part of the people duplicate other site content, but each time to your site I see new & first-class stuff, nice walking.

    ReplyDelete
  27. GREAT POST NICE ARTICLE AND GOOD WRITING STYLE I LIKE THAT

    ReplyDelete
  28. its really a great post. it is very cool. i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I watched this tv series for a long time regularly. now i don't know it is being telecast on the tv or not.

    ReplyDelete