Monday, August 16, 2010

Tenjo Tenge Manga

Demon Exorcist Souichiro.Image via Wikipedia
Tenjo Tenge is a Japanese Anime and Manga series written by Ogure Ito, also referred to as "Oh Great!", "The Creator" or "Air Gear".
Tenjo Tenge in the story of Souichiro Nagi and Bob Makihara as they enroll in the Todo Academy, a martial arts school where Mitsoumi Takayanagi is the president, with the aim of taking it over. When they realize that the school houses some powerful fighters and cannot be taken over, they join the Juukenbu club, captained by Maya Natsume.
The Tenjou Tenge series focuses on the battle between the Juukenbo club and Mitsoumi Takayanagi, who had murdered Maya Natsume's older brother, Shin Natsume, three years previously.
The Story of Shin Natsume
The story of Shin Natsume, Maya's brother, is told as a flashback over 6 episodes as Maya attempts to explain the history to the newcomers. This is to ensure that viewers and readers have a back story to reference to, as both the Anime and Manga frequently refer to the past.
The anime series continues until just before the "Imperial Arts Tournament", which is hosted by the Todo Academy and where also decide who will be the "President" of the school. The manga series however, continues on well after this.
The manga series show how Mitsoumi recognizes the threat of Souichiro Nagi's power, the ability to take over someone's power during battle, and he then sends fighters against Souichiri. It is only during one of these fights that Souichiro discovers he actually has this special power but that he cannot control it. Souichiro ends up in hospital after the fight with temporary loss of control of his left leg.
The Natsume Sisters
Aya, Maya's sister, falls in love with Souichiro during the first episode, and uses her power, the ability to see into the past or future or see things hundreds of miles away, by spying on him. In the 5th episode, her power is shown for the first time, and it is reavealed that she is probably the strongest fighter of them all, though the only reason she fights is because she wants to become stronger for Souichiro.
The Story in Short
In Tenjo Tenge the main characters such as Maya and Souichiro, have "special" powers, which generally differ from fighter to fighter. It is discovered later in the series, however, that Souichiro has the ability to "take" someone's power after fighting them, and he actually is supposed to become a "demon" in order to defeat them.
After the Imperial Arts tournament, the Manga also follows Souhaku, Souichiro's father, who had discovered a way to live forever, and has been alive since the feudal ages. Souichiro is kidnapped by Souhaka, and forced to fight ever stronger warriors in order to become a monster.
Tenjo Tenge, also known as Tenjou Tenge or Tenjou Tenghe, is a truly fascinating and entertaining series that plays off in modern day Japan.
Japanese Anime and Manga is also one of the fastest growing entertainment forms in the World and is available both in print and online.
Enhanced by Zemanta

27 comments:

  1. This is in my list for reading and watching, but unfortunately I can not find it in the local store. Probably I am going to order it from Amazon, many people in forums recommend this anime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anime and manga, specially japanese comics and you presented here. Great! Nice post. I like it. Thanks for share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is in my list for reading and watching, but unfortunately I can not find it in the local store. Probably I am going to order it from Amazon, many people in forums recommend this anime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I luv anime too much.. I cannot miss watching every episode of naruto since 5 years ago, never miss an episode!

    ReplyDelete
  5. can you tell me, where i can download the full this manga?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wanna express gratitude to the blogger very much not only for this post but also for his all foregoing efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am first time to your site and after searching some pages I have decided to visit you regularly, as I have liked you site too much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like to watch this animation series very much. I even have the DVD of this series. My friends also love to watch this air gear.It fills my heart a lot of excitement and entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was penetrating a number of keywords for my location, found your site indexed in google pages, I essentially want to appreciate your site and I choose some points from your position to have them in mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats top anime show ever.. thanks for write up on this..

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was alluring! Thanks for the extent interpretation! I even did an appraisal on my website! Why am I using squeal script everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an excellent post. I have a similar blog myself so I will keep coming back to read more to enhance my knowledge....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great article you carved very useful and cooperative instructions. I also read you further post and also M coming back shortly for more informative and eye-catching post's.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Very useful information specifically the last part Smile I care for such information much. I was looking for this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great article shared by you dear i really like it.I am much inspired by your way of writing so in this respect i would like to say that it is really a nice thing uploaded by you

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome article shared by you dear really saying it with core of my heart

    ReplyDelete
  17. I get translate whole article in google translator and i have come to know about the actual points of this article, to increase traffic on a site i must say it is very helpful, thanks.......

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like this blog very much i am much impressed by your way of writing

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't speak I entirely have the same opinion with a few points of yours, but you utterly have an exclusive outlook. Anyhow, I am fond of the words used in these lines…

    ReplyDelete
  20. Google translator is very helpful to me always, I can understand all the articles written in other languages than English, I have gotten your words...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Having been just browsing for useful blog posts intended for the project research when I happened to stumble on yours. Thanks for this useful material!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Easily, the inspection is in swaying fact the freshest topic on this interconnected subject. I am be in concurrence with your conclusions and will intensely look forward to your about to happen updates. Saying thanks will not very soon be sufficient, for the outstanding precision in your writing. I will right away grab your rss give food to to reside abreast of any updates.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing. I hope it will be helpful to many people that are searching for this topic. Keep posting guys and keep this forum a great place to learn things.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Easily, the check is in convincing fact the freshest topic on this dependable subject. I am be in unity with your finish and will intensely look forward to your about to happen updates. Adage thanks will not very soon be abundance, for the amazing precision in your inscription. I will right away grip your rss give food to to be inherent in abreast of any update.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi buddy, I want to show gratitude for writing such a good feature article, really will support me out in frequent ways, I am thinking to subscribe my email to you blog, so that I can have latest updates every time you make them happen.

    ReplyDelete